Becoming an Entrepreneur
Serial Entrepreneur and Social Media Influencer
SP Jain School of Global Management is a leading Australian business school known for its disruptive innovation in business education. With campuses in Singapore, Dubai, Mumbai, and Sydney, our programs have been recognised by highly regarded global rankings that include Times Higher Education – Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Economist and Financial Times. To know more about the SP Jain Executive MBA and apply for scholarships for its October 2019 intake, please visit www.spjain.sg/emba
Being your own boss, calling all the shots, hustling to hit your goals… This is the dream for many… to become an entrepreneur.
Running your own business can be incredibly rewarding, exhilarating and full of opportunities. Yet, it can be very very difficult. So difficult in fact, that 75% of startups fail.
So what do we need to become a successful entrepreneur? Can anyone learn to become one?
About Gary Vaynerchuk
Gary Vaynerchuk, also known as Gary Vee, is a serial entrepreneur, best selling author, speaker and social media influencer. He is the chairman of VaynerX, a modern-day media and communications holding company and the active CEO of VaynerMedia, a full-service advertising agency servicing Fortune 100 clients across the company’s 4 locations.
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- Identifying the common struggles entrepreneurs face in starting their own businesses
- Key things that new entrepreneurs need to consider first before embarking on an entrepreneurial journey
- How can someone be prepared for failures or humiliation if their business doesn’t work
- Where is Asia going when it comes to the Social Media landscape
- Serial entrepreneur’s advice to aspiring entrepreneurs starting up their businesses
- Instead of thinking about raising capital, why don’t you figure out how to make money. But if that’s the case, recognise that it’s gonna take half a decade of grinding.
- We don’t have to predict the next medium; we just need to properly use the medium we have today.
- If you want to be an entrepreneur–don’t listen to a soul. Don’t listen to the positive or negative, listen to your consumer.
If you would like to get in touch with Gary Vee, you may do so via:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )
You might also enjoy listening to…
Rohit Bassi is a TEDx and Global Professional Speaker based in Dubai. He speaks to us about how you can develop your executive presence to become successful in your career and your life.