Building Relationship Capital
Founder of Vital Voices Asia
Co-Founder of Coach Work Asia
When we talk about our assets, quite often, we think about the things we own, like our house or car, or the money we have in our bank accounts and in our wallets.
Very rarely we think about our intangibles. One of which are the relationships we’ve built over our entire lives. When wisely cultivated, our relationships can be our greatest asset in building our careers and enriching our lives.
How can one build his or her own relationship capital? How do you assess your relationships?
About Annie Yahaya
Annie is the founder of Vital Voices Asia and the co-founder of Coach Work Asia, she talks about her stories of how her rich relationship capital helped her in work and life. She also shares her tips on how to build your own relationship capital based from her experiences. She calls herself a “Strategic Connector.”
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- What it means to be a Strategic Connector?
- How to create deep relationships
- Establishing expectations from people you just met
- How relationship building affects your professional career
- Why having relationships is a psychological need
- How to build your relationship capital as an investment
- What it means to have a successful relationship
- Network building is not natural for a lot of people. You should make an effort to build you network.
- A successful relationship involves a meaningful connection between two people or more that fulfils the needs of both or all sides.
- Everyone who crosses our paths have something to teach us.
If you would like to get in touch with Annie, connect at:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )