Developing the Next Generation of
Asian Female Leaders in Tech
Chief Executive Officer of Fuji Xerox Singapore
Through the years, we are seeing more women in non-traditional industries rising up to become top management. Today, many are starting their own businesses.
The success in recent years is not necessarily due to gender parity. We just need to give equal opportunities for all genders.
One such example is Sara Cheng, CEO of Fuji Xerox Singapore. Being a CEO of a multinational tech company is a big responsibility and a tough job. But being an Asian woman CEO dominating the tech industry, is solid proof that gender and cultural background does not hinder her path to becoming a successful leader.
What do women need to prepare in order to survive the business and tech industries? Are women more confident now than the last decades?
About Sara Cheng
Sara Cheng is the Chief Executive Officer of Fuji Xerox Singapore. She is responsible for the company’s overall strategic growth and further strengthening its customer commitment, digital transformation and employee engagement. She brings with her 25 years of experience in general management, business development and consulting. Sara is a veteran in building teams and organizations, and establishing collaborative leadership models in large companies.
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- What is the difference in gender diversity in the tech industry from the last two decades
- Identifying the barriers of fear in achieving gender parity in the tech industry
- Why are learning and curiosity important for women in tech and be able to stay updated in the fast moving world of technology
- How diversity driven initiatives in different industries help women entrepreneurs globally
- A woman CEO’s advice to young talented women who aspire to become a leader in tech
- As female professionals and young girls, we need to condition and grow our self confidence. Because if you believe you can do anything, then you can do it anywhere with any jobs.
- When you are uncomfortable, you are learning. Don’t be comfortable, don’t be complacent. The world is moving too fast.
- Dare to be different. Make people remember you!
If you would like to get in touch with Sara, you may do so via:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in Apple Podcasts, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )
You might also enjoy listening to…
Rohit Bassi is a TEDx and Global Professional Speaker based in Dubai. He speaks to us about how you can develop your executive presence to become successful in your career and your life.