Helping Rural Women Achieve their Dreams
Founder of the Mann Deshi Bank – India’s largest rural bank
The banking and finance industry is a very complicated and intricate space. In rural parts of India, where resources are limited and are located far away from bustling cities– it’s challenging for women to save and get financial support with their hard earned money. Many of these women want a safe place to put their money. This is for emergencies but mostly to build a better future for themselves and their families.
These women rose up to the challenges of India’s caste system by paving the way and fighting for their rights. After years of challenges…
The Mann Deshi Bank was founded. The Mann Deshi Bank provides women with the business and financial knowledge, skills and support necessary to give them more control of their lives.
What were the challenges these women from rural India have gone through to attain financial literacy? How did they prevail over the challenges of discrimination?
About Chetna Sinha
Chetna Sinha is the founder of the Mann Deshi Bank – India’s largest rural bank – that helps rural women achieve their dreams. In this special interview, she shares stories about women not only fighting poverty, but seeking prosperity in rural India. When women become economically active, she says, the community prospers.
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- Learning about how the Mann Deshi Bank came into inception and the motivation behind it
- Recognising the amazing women who were part of building Mann Deshi Bank and their stories
- How Mann Deshi Bank propelled and gave their clients the proper services they needed from a finance institution
- Why do women want control over their finances
- Woman entrepreneur’s advice to young aspiring women who wants to venture into business
- Women are not only fighting against poverty, but having to grow prosperity.
- Your Courage is your Capital. If you have that, you are going to win the world.
- Never provide poor solutions to poor people. They are smart, they are not just thinking that they’re on poverty, they are thinking prosperity.
If you would like to get in touch with Chetna, you may do so via:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in Apple Podcasts, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )