How Values Shape Us
Cognitive Leadership Coach, Trainer,
Speaker and Consultant
From the moment we are born, the values of our family and society shapes our identity and our lives. Values influences our choices, from the type of foods you like eat to your desired career and even the person you choose to marry.
Values are things we personally regard as important, worthy, useful and good in our lives. They are the basis of our personal principles, behaviours and norms.
As Elvis Presley says, “Values are like fingerprints. Nobody’s are the same, but you leave ’em all over everything you do.”
If values are so important, why don’t understand them better? What is it about values that shapes who we are today and where we are going tomorrow?
About Chris Chew
Chris is a Cognitive leadership coach, speaker, trainer and consultant. He is an experienced learning & organization development practitioner who is a passionate advocate of effective leadership and thinking skills. He has more than 20 years of working experience in large multinationals like Royal Dutch Shell and top Singapore institutions such as Singapore Institute of Management.
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- How to define Values
- Learning where our values come from and deciding which ones to adopt and ones not to
- What triggers someone to re-evaluate their values
- What is Value Judgment
- How to make conscious Value judgments
- Recognizing the connection between Good Leadership and Good Value
- How can an organisation change its values
- In order for us to be effective in engaging with other people, we should start off with the proper mindset.
- Value judgment is our perception of what is of greatest value to us in the moment. Every moment in our daily life, we make judgments.
- How leadership is linked to value and value judgements is that first, you must understand how you value things, and next, cultivate mindful awareness which will lead you to good decision making.
If you would like to get in touch with Chris, you may do so via:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )