Learning on Blockchain
Co-Founder & CEO
On Demand Education Marketplace (ODEM)
Many people call blockchain web 3.0, the future of the internet. Blockchain technology started in 2008, where an anonymous individual or group of individuals named Satoshi Nakamura, invented Bitcoin, which has the total value of over $1 trillion.
What is blockchain you might ask? Blockchain is a public electronic ledger, like a database, that creates an unchangeable record of transactions between users. Each digital record or transaction in the thread is called a block, and the string of blocks are a chain. Blockchain can only be updated by consensus between participants in the system. When new data is entered, it cannot be erased. This makes the chain a verifiable and unalterable string of records for every transaction ever made in the system.
The potential for blockchain technology has only just begun. Traditional tech giants such as Microsoft, IBM and SAP have invested in blockchain technology. Major industries, such as banking, real estate, travel and even social media are being disrupted by blockchain startups.
How will this take shape in education?
About Richard Maaghul
Richard is the CEO of the on-demand education marketplace, ODEM, based in Switzerland. He is a seasoned Silicon Valley entrepreneur with more than two decades of experience in emerging-and-disruptive technologies. A former software provider to Chevron Corp. and a co-founder of ODEM’s education partner Excelorators Inc., Richard is committed to using blockchain technology to make higher education more accessible and affordable.
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- Learning about Blockchain
- How On-Demand Education Marketplace (ODEM) works
- Identifying the difference between ODEM and other education markets
- How ODEM could benefit Educators
- What type of students ODEM is targeting to join the market
- Foreseeing the different challenges educators and students would face in adopting ODEM
- What the future of education is like with ODEM
- I see the future in education where everyone has a solid chance, in which people could live up to their potential.
- Education as we know it will undergo evolution, and we’re now seeing personalization and other new ways of learning.
- Education is a big task and a sure goal.
- Make sure to become lifelong learners, whether it be personal or professional, continue to push yourself to ask a simple question, “Why?”
If you would like to get in touch with the organisation, you may do so via:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )