Taking a Stand for Inclusive Growth
Head of Secretariat for the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi)
at the World Bank Group
Women entrepreneurs have been emerging worldwide. They are starting to build up and bloom in business. Some organisations take a step further to support these women in propelling their creativity and boosting their knowledge about entrepreneurship and finance.
But what is needed most for aspiring women entrepreneurs are the right experiences, either in roles, programs or projects that help them develop necessary entrepreneurial and financial skills. This will help prepare them for the global market.
What opportunities are there for Women entrepreneurs in the business industry? What kind of support will We-Fi provide to these women?
About Wendy Teleki
Wendy Teleki is the head of Secretariat for the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi) at the World Bank Group. We-Fi is a collaborative partnership among governments, multilateral development banks and other stakeholders. The Secretariat, which is housed in the Office of the World Bank CEO, is responsible for supporting the We-Fi Governing Committee in the allocation of a pool of $350 million and also undertaking advocacy, learning and evaluation focused on strengthening opportunities for women entrepreneurs.
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- Learning about the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi) and its platforms
- Identifying the common challenges women face as entrepreneurs
- How We-Fi supports women who venture into Tech and non-traditional women industries
- The head of Secretariat for the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative’s (We-Fi) advice to in terms of diversity and inclusion
- Be bold and really take risks. Put yourself out there, think about how you can leverage on your networks and build it.
- When we do see women in non-traditional industries, they actually perform really well. We want to be encouraging women to go out of their comfort zones.
If you would like to get in touch with Wendy, you may do so via:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in Apple Podcasts, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )