Taking Social Connections Offline
Marie Nadal Sharma
Founder and Director of Them You & Me
Digital Marketing Agency
Asia Podcast Summit is Asia’s very 1st virtual summit for the podcasting community. Learn from the best in the industry. Run by podcasters for Asia-based content creators. It will be a 2-day summit happening on November 9-10, 2019.
Reserve your 48-hr FREE Pass here: www.asiapodcastsummit.com
Human beings are social creatures. According to Yuval Noah Harari, author of Sapiens, we have climbed rapidly to the top of the food chain because of our ability to communicate and cooperate.
In the past decade, our attention has shifted from our physical space to our screens. It’s common to see people at dinners or dates quietly tapping away at their mobile devices. Or families retreating to their devices and scroll endlessly at social media feed. Are we no longer as social as before?
In recent years, social media has suffered setbacks because of data breaches and fake content. There is a growing anti-social media movement where people opt to disable or delete their accounts entirely.
For many, this is not an option. Many rely heavily on social media for work or business. Is there a better way of reaping the benefits of social media, without being enslaved by it?
About Marie Nadal Sharma
Marie Nadal Sharma is the founder and director of Them You and Me, a digital marketing agency guiding businesses through digital transformation. She strives to demystify digital marketing and uses friendly words to explain technology and all things digital.
In this episode, you will enjoy…
- How social media has impacted or changed our lives
- Why it is important to learn how to use social media
- Identifying the common myths and misconceptions of using social media
- Ways to leverage our social connections and connect with people you would not otherwise connect with
- Recognising the essential steps to build a social connection online and eventually taking it offline
- Learning how to build your social media presence to connect with the right audience
- A digital marketing professional’s advice on the use of social media
- The myth that social media is going against people connection, it’s actually the opposite. It really gives the possibility to connect with people online and take the relationship offline when we feel there’s a connection.
- There’s a way to control social media and to only tell people what you want to share. It’s all about the way you understand what to say, what not to say about your privacy and who you are as a person.
- Build a quality online community. It’s better to have 50 people you connect with on a daily basis and you get something of real value, than having thousands of random followers.
If you would like to get in touch with Marie, you may do so via:
We love feedback and recommendations!
If you have a recommendation on topics you’d like to cover or leaders you’d like us to interview, do drop us a line. Also, send us your feedback on how we can make this podcast better for you.
Like us? Rate & Review us!
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes, or any other podcast platforms below. When you have the time, please rate and review us.
Every rating helps us build more credibility and attract new listeners… which helps us keep making the show. : )